(Redirected from WXXI)Jump to navigationJump to search
|Network: PBS||Channel(s): 21|
|First airing: 1976||Last airing:|
== AIRDATES ==
- 11 October 1976: The Jon Pertwee stories began, daily at 6:30pm, although it looks like The Time Monster may have been skipped.
- October 1977: WXXI screened Doctor Who in tandem with WNED (from 1977 through until 1987).
- Late 1978: WXXI screened the Tom Baker stories from late 1978.
- 13 March 1983: Once Upon a Time Lord airs.
- 23 November 1983: The Five Doctors airs, followed by a repeat of Once Upon a Time Lord and The Android Invasion.
- 1985: Channel 21 recycles stories from Robot to The Caves of Androzani daily at least twice.
- 20 September 1986: The William Hartnell stories begin, followed by Patrick Troughton.
- 27 February 1987: The complete Jon Pertwee package begins.
- 1989: The station aired the 17 repackaged William Hartnell stories, five Patrick Troughton stories and 24 Jon Pertwee stories, followed by the other Doctors.
- 1989-1992: It took three years to play all the surviving installments of the entire series. This would be WXXI's last-ever complete run of the entire series.
- 29 August 1992: Airs Resistance is Useless and The Tomb of the Cybermen.
- 9 July 2016 to 5 August 2017: Complete run of Tom Baker compilations air (6-parters split in half, with parts 1-3 one week, 4-6 the following week), Saturdays at (usually) 10pm.