(Redirected from WNED)Jump to navigationJump to search
|Network: PBS||Channel(s): 17|
|First airing: 1977||Last airing: 1990|
== AIRDATES ==
- 25 October 1977: WNED screened Doctor Who, weeknights at 6:30pm in tandem with WXXI (from 1977 through until 1987). It was during screenings of the Jon Pertwee stories in 1977/78 that off-air recordings were made which were later instrumental in the reconstruction from black and white back into colour. (The Pertwee stories screen twice, some possibly even for a third time?)
- c. September 1978: Once the (third?) run of Jon Pertwee serials concludes, the Tom Baker stories commence. (By 1979, the series airs weeknights at 6:00pm.)
- 8 January 1980: Two complete repeat runs of the Tom Baker stories begin. The episodes are shown out of order.
- 22 May 1980: The series takes the summer off.
- 29 November 1982: The Tom Baker stories begin again, this time in the proper order.
- 19 March 1983 : Once Upon a Time Lord airs as an introduction to the Peter Davison series, due to start the following Saturday. It was preceded by all six parts of Genesis of the Daleks.
- 5 September 1983: The weekday slot moves to 11:00pm.
- 23 November 1983: The Invisible Enemy 2 airs in its normal rotation. The Five Doctors doesn't air until 4 December 1985.
- 10 January 1984: The weekday slot moves back to 6:00pm.
- 10 March 1984: Peter Davison stories commence in movie format on Saturday afternoons. Repeats of older serial continue screening weekdays.
- 6 April 1984: The Tom Baker stories begin.
- 17 December 1984: The 17-story package of Jon Pertwee stories begins.
- 10 October 1986: The weekday episodic re-runs come to an end in the fall of 1986 with part six of The Invasion of Time.
- From Saturday, 11 October 1986, only "movie" format editions screen (starting with The Ribos Operation).
- 13 December 1986: During a pledge drive, WNED screens Revelation of the Daleks, the Doctor Who's Who's Who documentary and An Unearthly Child. The 17 repackaged William Hartnell stories commence on Saturday afternoons.
- 7,14,21,28 March 1987: Part-way through the run of William Hartnell stories, WNED screens The Trial of a Time Lord, as four "movie-length" installments.
- 1987 WNED completes its screening of the William Hartnell stories, and commences the Patrick Troughton stories.
- 13 and 20 June 1987: The Seeds of Death screens, split into two "movies".
- 27 June and 4 July 1987: The War Games screens, split into two "movies".
- 11 July 1987: Repeats of Pertwee episodes commence.
- 22 August 1987: The Five Doctors is repeated part way through the run of the Pertwee repeats. During pledge breaks, viewers are asked to vote for which introductory 'first story' they wanted to see the following week - the choices were Spearhead from Space, Robot or Castrovalva; it wasn't announced in advance which story had won, so viewers only found out the winner was Robot when they tuned in on 29 August.
- March 1988: During the "FESTIVAL 88", on 8 March at 8.00pm and 12 March at 3.15pm, WNED aired Time and the Rani, plus an interview with Sylvester McCoy (See CLIP below).
- 13 August 1988 The first season of Sylvester McCoy stories air.
- 1989: The 17 repackaged William Hartnell stories are played for the second time, on Saturdays at 4.00pm.
- 24 February 1990: Doctor Who ends with The Making of Doctor Who.