Maryland Public Television
From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Maryland Public Television|
|Network: PBS||Channel(s): various|
|First airing:||Last airing: 2001|
== AIRDATES ==
MPT serves Maryland. Its six transmitters cover nearly all of the state, plus Washington, D.C. and parts of Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- 1980s: The Tom Baker stories aired.
- 1987: The Colin Baker stories aired on Saturdays.
- 26 September 1987: Revelation of the Daleks aired at 11.00pm.
- 1987: The 24 repackaged Jon Pertwee stories aired, with repeats in 1990 and 1992.
- 17 March 1990: Over $111,000 is raised for Maryland Public Television in one night when Sophie Aldred and Tom Baker appear during the pledge-drive. The Making of Doctor Who (Silver Nemesis) and Logopolis air. "Don't be a parasite!" becomes Tom Baker's catch-phrase for the evening. Photos here.
- 29 August 1992: The recently recovered The Tomb of the Cybermen screens.
- 5 December 1992: Aired Resistance is Useless: A Doctor Who Retrospective.
- 12 December 1992: The Five Doctors airs.
- 20 August 1994: A one hour programme, billed as "Doctor Who: 30 Years" (possibly the BBC documentary 30 Years in the TARDIS) airs at 11pm, followed by the series itself in a 70-minute slot.
- 1998-1999: The 24 repackaged Jon Pertwee stories aired again around this time.
- 2 December 2000: Remembrance of the Daleks is shown during a pledge break along with a "taped interview with Sylvester McCoy" (probably An Interview with)
- 3 March 2001: The Sylvester McCoy special is repeated.