From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Network: PBS||Channel(s): 28|
|First airing: 1975||Last airing: 1993|
== AIRDATES ==
- KCET was also available on Channel 8 in Palm Springs
- 1 July 1975: KCET is the first ever PBS station to screen Doctor Who; it begins screening Tuesdays at 7.30pm with the Jon Pertwee stories.
- 6 June 1976: The series moves to Sunday nights.
- 9 October 1976: The series moves to Saturday evenings.
- 29 January 1977: The Saturday night airings end.
- 10 September 1977: A surprise run of Saturday afternoon airings begins.
- 15 October 1977: An airing watched by no one as it aired opposite game 4 of the Dodgers/Yankees World Series.
- 19 November 1977: The Daemons airs as a compilation with one intermission. A recording of this broadcast is used to colorize telerecordings for eventual VHS and DVD releases. Does this run feature the first American compilation broadcasts?
- 31 December 1977: The series is dropped until 1983. During the hiatus, KBSC screens the Tom Baker series.
- 3 December 1983: After a six year break, KCET picks up Doctor Who again with The Five Doctors, but passes on the nationwide broadcast.
- 7 January 1984: The Tom Baker stories commence their run, and air for several years on a repeat cycle.
- 1984: The reissued 14 colour Jon Pertwee stories air.
- 9 March 1985: The Talons of Weng-Chiang airs for the second and last time. It doesn't air during Tom Baker's three other runs.
- December 1985: The full package of the 24 reissued Jon Pertwee stories commences.
- 1986-1987: Omnibus editions air, Saturdays, usually 1.00 to 2.30pm.
- 13 June 1987: The Peter Davison stories begin airing.
- 9 October 1987: Sylvester McCoy visits with the Doctor Who Tour (parked at Plummer Park, on Santa Monica Boulevard).
- 31 October 1987: The Colin Baker stories commence. During 1987, the series screened Saturdays, at 1.00pm.
- 28 November 1987: The broadcast of Revelation of the Daleks was interrupted mid-way due to a transmission fault. The story was "repeated" the following Friday, around 11.30pm.
- January 1988: The 24 repackaged Jon Pertwee stories aired, with a repeat in 1991.
- 17 March 1990: The first run of Sylvester McCoy stories airs.
- 1990: Compilation editions air Saturday mornings, sometimes from 10.50am.
- 1992: During 1992, the series airs in omnibus editions from 9.00am to 10.30am on Saturday mornings.
- 1993: During 1993, the series airs in 90 minute omnibus editions from 8.00am to 9.30am on Saturday mornings, although in November and December, the timeslot is reduced to only one hour.
- 18 December 1993: KCET drops Doctor Who.