From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
New York City
|Network: PBS||Channel(s): 31|
|First airing: 1985||Last airing: 1989|
== AIRDATES ==
- 6 May 1985: The Tom Baker stories begin, daily at 7:30pm.
- 2 September 1985: The series moves to 10:30pm.
- 1986: WNYC screened the 17 repackaged William Hartnell stories, five Patrick Troughton stories and 24 Jon Pertwee stories.
- 5 September 1986: WNYC switches to compilations, Friday nights at 9pm. When Resurrection of the Daleks aired in its omnibus "movie" version on WNYC, it was complete: most editions of this story seen elsewhere in the US had sections of music and special effects missing.
- January 1988: Apart from Time and the Rani, which aired in the first month of 1988, WNYC never screened any stories beyond Revelation of the Daleks.
- 7 May 1989: A special airing of The Two Doctors.
- 2 September 1989: The series ends with the last Patrick Troughton story.
- Short interviews with actors from Doctor Who (plus Star Trek, Blake's 7 and other SF series) were shown by WNYC as filler material during the channel's science-fiction programming; these "Captain's Log Supplementals" were likely recorded at the various conventions held in New York, such as "Creation", and included talks with Patrick Troughton and Peter Davison, Paul Darrow and George Takei.