Resurrection of the Daleks
|Story Code: 6P / Season 21||UK Airdate: 8 Feb to 15 Feb 1984||Doctor: Peter Davison|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United States||from Nov 84||NTSC|
|United Arab Emirates||Jan 88||PAL|
|New Zealand||Jun 89||PAL|
- The serial was originally made and edited as a 4-parter, but was modified into and aired as an extended 2-parter in the UK.
- The serial was sold to Australia in its original 2-part version, but the ABC cut the episodes in half for transmission -- new cliffhangers were thus created: the first falling on Lytton's line, "Release Davros", with the third falling on Davros's declaration that his Daleks would once again become "the Supreme beings!". These 25 minute episodes also played without "Part Two / Three / Four" captions, and parts two and four did not have recaps. The same 'edited' versions later aired in New Zealand, and presumably also in the United Arab Emirates since it was also a PAL broadcaster.
- The original four-part edit of the serial was supplied to the North American distributor, Lionheart. However, an incorrect tape of part two was provided by the BBC, one with an early edit without music or sound effects. The omnibus "movie" version was similarly affected, but this time it was the entire second half that was missing its music and effects. There were also several extra scenes in these episodes not used in the UK cut.
- Canada received the same NTSC 4-part version.
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Resurrection of the Daleks
- Episode 1: Dr. Who is trapped in a time corridor while the Daleks attempt to take over Earth.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4:
- Compilation: Dr. Who is trapped in a time corridor while the Daleks attempt to take over Earth by duplicating top officials.