Difference between revisions of "Robot"
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
Revision as of 02:45, 9 September 2017
|Story Code: 4A / Season 12||UK Airdate: 28 Dec 1974 to 18 Jan 1975||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Oct 75||PAL|
|United Arab Emirates||76?||PAL|
|New Zealand||Feb 78||PAL|
|United States*||Aug 78||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Oct 79?||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
- AUDIO:Howard da Silva intro ep1
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish, Arabic, Italian, French.
- Although Robot was the first exposure to Doctor Who for many countries, the BBC and / or its distributors elected to retain the regeneration from Jon Pertwee into Tom Baker at the start of episode one.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Armed Forces Network||Mar 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
- Part 1: The Doctor investigates the theft of a secret weapon.
- Part 2: Dr. Who fights for his life; Sarah encounters a giant robot.
- Part 3: The Doctor tangles with unscrupulous scientists threatening to destroy the world.
- Part 4: When the robot grows to enormous size, Dr. Who tries to find out why.
- Compilation: The investigation of the theft of a secret weapon leads Dr. Who to a confrontation with a giant robot.