The Monster of Peladon
|Story Code: YYY / Season 11||UK Airdate: 23 Mar to 27 Apr 1974||Doctor: Jon Pertwee|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||75||PAL|
|Hong Kong||Jul 75||PAL|
|New Zealand||Mar 77||PAL|
|United States||Oct 77||NTSC|
|Sierra Leone||79 or 82?||PAL|
|Sri Lanka||Jul 81||PAL|
|Saudi Arabia||Feb 82||PAL|
- If this story was telerecorded as a black and white film print for foreign sales (the BBC sales brochure states that the serial was available in both formats), the prints were never used.
- The serial aired in Boston only; the rest of the United States did not get the serial until the 1983 re-issue. This appears to have been a special one-off deal struck between WGBX and the BBC that was in addition to the standard Time Life deal that was available elsewhere. (The BBC took the opportunity to also sell the serial to Canadian stations TVO and CKVU at the same time, presumably to cover the costs of having NTSC conversions made.)
- The serial was issued in mid-1983, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories sold to the United States.
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Monster of Peladon
- Episode 1: A mechanical malfunction causes an unexpected hitch: Sarah and Dr. Who land on the planet Peladon 40 years later than expected.
- Episode 2: Ortron orders the capture and execution of the Doctor and the rebel leaders.
- Episode 3: The rebels train the sonic lance on the citadel and Eckersley calls for Federation reinforcements.
- Episode 4: The Peladonians unite to defend their planet against the Ice Warriors.
- Episode 5: The Ice Warriors trap Sarah and the Doctor.
- Episode 6: The Doctor turns the monster against the Ice Warriors, and the Peladonians get a new chancellor.
- Compilation: A mechanical malfunction causes Dr. Who and Sarah to land on the planet Peladon 40 years later than expected.