The Dalek Invasion of Earth
|Story Code: K / Season 2||UK Airdate: 21 Nov to 26 Dec 1964||Doctor: William Hartnell|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Rhodesia / Zimbabwe||Aug 66||b/w|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Sep 66||b/w|
|Hong Kong||Mar 67||b/w|
|New Zealand||did not air||b/w|
|Costa Rica||Jan 72||b/w|
- In mid-1967, New Zealand was sent the prints that had been used by the ABC in Australia. The serial was not screened due to censorship issues.
- Tunisia did not screen this story.
- See Hartnell Junkings
- A 16mm film print of episode three was found at a memorabilia store in California in the late-1970s. Where it came from or how it got there is currently unknown, although one possibility is that it was Terry Nation's own copy (Nation's then-agent, Associated London Scripts Management, had purchased four episodes of this serial in 1965); he gave it away / sold it soon after he'd relocated to Los Angeles in 1979.
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold to:
|United States||from Sep 85||b/w|
|New Zealand||Nov 88||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Dalek Invasion of Earth
- Episode 1: The Daleks attempt to replace the Earth's core with a magnetic power system.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4:
- Episode 5:
- Episode 6:
- Compilation: The Daleks scheme to take over Earth—and pilot the planet all around the universe.