The Underwater Menace
From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Story Code: GG / Season 4||UK Airdate: 14 Jan to 4 Feb 1967||Doctor: Patrick Troughton|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following six countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Apr 69||b/w|
|New Zealand||Nov 69||b/w|
- Singapore may have sent its films to Hong Kong, who in turn may have sent them to Zambia.
- New Zealand (who may have got its prints from Uganda) junked its copies in late 1974.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975; they were junked shortly afterwards...
- The BBC acquired an uncut print of episode three at some point during 1977; it's possible this came from Zambia.
- ...the returned Australian print of part two (still exhibiting the Australian censor cuts) was recovered from a UK film collector in late 2011 (he had acquired it from another collector in the early 1980s).
- And that's all three known prints of part 3 accounted for...
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.
- The story was released on DVD in 2015'; the two missing episodes reconstructed using tele-snaps.
- From December 2019, the reconstruction of the story was available on UK BritBox.