(Redirected from WTBS)Jump to navigationJump to search
- In the 16 August 1978 issue of Variety magazine (see United States--1978), "Atlanta" is listed as being one of seventeen cities to have been sold the Tom Baker stories. The 14 September 1979 issue of Back Stage reported the station as WTCG. However no airings can be found in Atlanta for 1978 or 1979. It is likely that Doctor Who was a casualty of the station's recent change to WTBS. It is unknown if Time-Life would have wanted its product on two superstations at the same time-- WOR had begun broadcasting Doctor Who in October 1978.
- WTBS is listed in the August 1981 Celestial Toyroom, North American edition as having bought the newly-created omnibus versions.
- 28 February 1987: Newly cast seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, and producer John Nathan-Turner meet the travelling Doctor Who USA Tour with Jon Pertwee at Mercer University in Atlanta.
- A special interview with NJN's Eric Luskin is recorded, and broadcast by several PBS stations:
- At the same time, Nathan-Turner and McCoy filmed material for Pledge drives: