From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Variety, 16 August 1978||WOR was one of the first stations to purchase the Tom Baker stories|
|Network: independent||Channel(s): 9|
|First airing: 1978||Last airing: 1983|
== AIRDATES ==
From 1979 to 1985, WOR was available on many cable systems throughout the country.
- June 1978: WOR was selected by Time Life Television to be one of its guinea-pigs to test a new series that Time Life had on offer from the BBC. In June 1978, WOR aired an omnibus edition of The Hand of Fear.
- 7 October 1978: At 6.30pm, Tom Baker makes his debut in New York State. Stories aired in production order, so The Sontaran Experiment preceded The Ark in Space.
- 6 January 1979: The series shifted to the earlier time of 5.00pm, but was often pre-empted by baseball.
- 6 October 1979: Two episodes air every Saturday morning.
- 20 September 1980: Doctor Who goes off the air for the winter.
- 14 March 1981: The series returns, Saturdays at noon, for 7 weeks before moving to 9am.
- From September 1981 to September 1983, two episodes aired back to back with commercial breaks, Saturdays between 10:00am and 11:00am.
- 5 February 1983: Revenge of the Cybermen episodes 2 and 3 aired. The Howard Da Silva prints were still being used at this point.
- 9 September 1983: Doctor Who is replaced by professional wrestling.