The Wheel in Space
From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Story Code: SS / Season 5||UK Airdate: 27 Apr to 1 Jun 1968||Doctor: Patrick Troughton|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Feb 70||b/w|
|New Zealand||Jul 71||b/w|
- The Hong Kong prints were presumably sent to Singapore soon after transmission.
- Singapore presumably sent the films to Nigeria, since that was also the final destination of RTV's prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.
- The New Zealand prints were likely disposed of by the end of 1974. (The NZBC's rights to screen the story had expired on 31 May 1973 (sic). (The date recorded in TVNZ's film traffic register should perhaps be 1974, as that would be consistent with the expiry dates for The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.)
- This was the final Doctor Who serial to be purchased by New Zealand until 1974...
- The sale to Gibraltar was actually "back-catalogue", as they had already started screening Jon Pertwee stories by this time.
- A 16mm print of episode 3 was returned to the BBC in 1984. The then-owner had acquired it from a collector who had possessed it since 1973, which means it cannot have been an overseas copy since all foreign prints have been accounted for after that date. However, if the collector actually acquired it in 1974, then it's likely to have come from Gibraltar (see also The Dominators).
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.