The Doctors Revisited
To celebrate the 50th Anniversary in 2013, BBC America produced The Doctors Revisited, a multi-part documentary series, one per month starting in January and concluding in November.
Each month focused on a different incarnation of the Doctor. "Revisited" was a half hour retrospective featuring interviews with cast, production members and fan commentators, followed by a 4-part serial (or an equivalent) shown complete in an omnibus format.
The eleven instalments shown on BBC America were:
- 27 January: The Aztecs
- 24 February: The Tomb of the Cybermen
- 31 March: Spearhead from Space
- 28 April: Pyramids of Mars
- 26 May: Earthshock
- 29 June: Vengeance on Varos
- 27 July: Remembrance of the Daleks
- 31 August: The TV Movie
- 29 September: Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways
- 27 October: The Stolen Earth / Journey's End
- 24 November: The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon
(BBC America effectively held the exclusive rights to the seven classic serials they screened, which is why some of the handful of US TV stations still screening classic Doctor Who during the 2010s and 2020s (such as Retro TV and Iowa Public Television) had to sometimes skip those particular stories.)
The documentaries also aired on the UKTV channels in Australia and New Zealand, where the serials were shown episodically. The UK digital channel Watch also showed the specials, but some of the omnibus stories they played afterwards were different (for instance, the McCoy serial that was shown instead was Battlefield).
The stories (episodically rather than compilations) and documentaries were all later released on a set of three DVDs in 2013, with introductions by Steven Moffat.
- The trailers for each episode can be seen HERE