Destiny of the Daleks
|Story Code: 5J / Season 17||UK Airdate: 1 Sep to 22 Sep 1979||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Nov 80?||PAL|
|New Zealand||Dec 80||PAL|
|United States||from May 81||NTSC|
|Saudi Arabia||mid 86?||PAL|
- The stories of this season often aired in production order.
- Possibly also Taiwan in late 1986, if billings for Genesis of the Daleks as a 4-parter had the incorrect title.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Destiny of the Daleks
- Part 1: Dr. Who and Romana travel to Skaro, where they encounter the Doctor's archemies—the Daleks.
- Part 2: The Movellans intend to use Dr. Who to discover the purpose of the Daleks.
- Part 3: Dr. Who and Romana are trapped underground as the Daleks advance.
- Part 4: The Doctor and Romana must defeat the Daleks without unleashing a greater terror.
- Compilation: Dr. Who and Romana encounter the Doctor's archemies—the Daleks.