Difference between revisions of "What's New 2011"
From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
*'''[[What's New|What's New 2013]]'''
*'''[[What's New|What's New 2013]]'''
*'''[[What's New 2012|What
*'''[[What's New 2012|What New 2012]]'''
|Line 167:||Line 167:|
Revision as of 23:34, 29 December 2012
- 12 December 2011: On the day when two 'lost' episodes of Doctor Who are recovered, we bring you an UPDATED profile and Airdates for Colombia; we have the title of the unknown 4-parter, and a better idea of what happened on 8 March 1980.
- 2 December 2011: Updates made to Iran.
- 2 December 2011: WYIN added.
- 1 December 2011: Brand NEW profile and Airdates table for Colombia, a Latin American country we were unaware had screened the series in 1980. Updates also made accordingly to Mystery of the Missing Misterios (fully revised and updated) and the Spanish page.
- 23 November 2011: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, DOCTOR WHO! To celebrate, we have added a fully revised and expanded profile for New Zealand, the first country outside the UK to screen the series.
- 13 November 2011: Fixed a wee error on the Iran profile page: the table of stories 'Bought and broadcast' included The Crusade (not screened) and omitted The Rescue (did screen).
- 6 November 2011: UPDATE to Spain - the Spanish actor who dubbed for Tom Baker has been identified!
- 3 November 2011: We've made some minor corrections to Gibraltar, Singapore, Zambia and Uganda (and others) to fix layout errors or factual details brought to our attention by one of our readers. (Thanks Peter!)
- 28 October 2011: Additions to WILL, WFYI and KETC.
- 24 October 2011: We've added a note on the William Hartnell stories page about cliffhanger endings, and how these could be edited to suit countries that didn't air all his stories.
- 22 October 2011: We've added to the Broadcasts around the World page a table of the United States to make navigation easier.
- Despite our valiant attempts to correct some of the long-standing but factually-incorrect fan-myths on their Doctor Who pages, Wikipedia mods refuse to accept BroaDWcast as being a "reliable source".
- 12 October 2011: Brand NEW profile for Portugal; although the TV series never aired there, a set of novelisations was published in the early 1980s.
- 10 October 2011: Detail about a potential run of repeats in 1991, a full run of repeats in 1995, some background notes regarding Jon Pertwee serials, and new pictures, ADDED to Germany.
- 2 October 2011: Brand NEW profile and airdates summary for Sri Lanka.
- 2 October 2011: We have ADDED a page tabulating countries that have bought the NEW SERIES. (NOTE: This doesn't profile or summarise full airdates.)
- 30 September 2011: Major UPDATE to Nigeria; we have identified the TV station that broadcast the now-missing season 5 Patrick Troughton serials in 1974-75.
- 23 September 2011: Update to Poland; clarification to what screened in 2002-2003.
- 16 September 2011: Update to the Invasion of the Dinosaurs page; we have revised our 'What Happened to Episode One?' Conspiracy Theory...
- 11 September 2011: Update to The Tomb of the Cybermen - we've revised the 'film movement' scenario to factor in the December 1969 repeats in Australia.
- 9 September 2011: Update to Singapore; we have now accessed all the papers that were previously missing, and confirm that Doctor Who is listed in each; which leaves no doubt that there was an extra episode in 1972; did Mission to the Unknown screen after all?
- 8 September 2011: We have now ascertained that station WILL in Illinois aired the re-packaged Jon Pertwee stories in December 1984, two months ahead of New Jersey Network, who we previously had down as the debut station. The page for United States also amended accordingly.
- The Documentaries and Specials page has been expanded, to include additional programmes.
- BBC publicity card has been added to City of Death. If anyone has any more of these that we can use, please contact us at BroaDWcast@hotmail.com. Thanks!
- 30 August 2011: WTEV updated.
- 24 August 2011: Complete airdates for KTEH added, all 4000+ airings.
- 18 August 2011: Turkish poster for the second Cushing / Dalek movie added to the Turkey profile.
- 15 August 2011: Listings for Qube added.
- 11 August 2011: Update to WETA: 1981-1983 airings added.
- 9 August 2011: Listings for Nebraska Educational Telecommunications added.
- 8 August 2011: Yet another UPDATE to Spain. A split repeat run on TVG (Galicia) has been identified.
- 7 August 2011: Update to KCPT: Doctor Who began two years earlier than previously thought.
- 4 August 2011: UPDATE to Poland; we now have confirmation of a run of Tom Baker stories in 2002-2003 that we had alluded to in the previous Profile.
- 4 August 2011: Updates to WFTV, WPSX and AETV.
- 30 July 2011: We've ADDED a summary about Doctor Who on Cable and Satellite stations.
- 29 July 2011: WJXT updated.
- 27 July 2011: Complete run for Nebraska Television Network added.
- 26 July 2011: Complete list of airings in Georgia added.
- 26 July 2011: Updates to Boston 1976-1977.
- 23 July 2011: Fully REVISED profile for Spain. Previously we had a brief summary of screenings in Galicia, but have now full profiles and airdates for all FOUR regional screenings.
- 22 July 2011: Brand NEW profile and Airdates pages added for the Republic of Ireland.
- 12 July 2011: Major update to Yugoslavia - now with confirmed airdates!
- 11 July 2011: Major overhaul of the Turkey profile - now with confirmed airdates!
- We have also updated the Europe profile accordingly.
- 10 July 2011: We have added a link to online interviews with Jon Pertwee at a Canadian convention in 1985.
- 6 July 2011: Complete run for WJXT added.
- 4 July 2011: Complete runs for KVOA and KPHO added.
- 3 July 2011: NEW information has been added recording the HBO OLE cable station airings of the 1996 Paul McGann TV Movie.
- 30 June 2011: Some updates, corrections and further ruminations about the Invasion of the Dinosaurs.
- 26 June 2011: First airings for KLRU/KLRN added.
- 21 June 2011: Brand NEW profile page and Airdates listings added for United Arab Emirates / Dubai
- 20 June 2011: Complete(?) runs for WLVT and WHYY added.
- 20 June 2011: Brand NEW profile page added for Morocco.
- 17 June 2011: Update to Canada CBC - adding January 1965 press release previewing the new series.
- 17 June 2011: Airdates for WSIU added.
- 3 June 2011: New Profiles and Airdates pages added for:
- First airings for WVIA added.
- 31 May 2011: New Profile and Airdates pages added for Saudi Arabia.
- 31 May 2011: New Profile page added for Kuwait.
- 29 May 2011: Brand NEW profile page and Airdates listings has been uploaded for:
- 27 May 2011: Brand NEW profile pages and Airdates listings has been uploaded for:
- 24 May 2011: Brand NEW profile page and Airdates listing has been uploaded for Mexico.
- 23 May 2011: First airings for WMVS and WHA added.
- 23 May 2011: Major update to the profile on Canadian station CPN in light of new research.
- 15 May 2011: First airings for KRMA added.
- 15 May 2011: Some airdates updates to Canada CBC and Canada YTV.
- 7 May 2011: Updates to the Canada CKVU, Canada TVO and Canada YTV pages, with specific reference to when certain episodes aired.
- 5 May 2011: First airings for KRON added.
- 3 May 2011: Some updates and corrections to the various Canada pages.
- 3 May 2011: Some corrections to spellings and punctuation on the Germany page.
- 2 May 2011: First airing for WYES added.
- 1 May 2011: Seven brand new linked profiles covering the broadcasts in Canada have been added. We have been unable to ascertain airdates for some of these. If you can help, please contact us at BroaDWcast@hotmail.com.
- 18 April 2011: First airings for WEDU and KIMO added. Did Doctor Who air again in Alaska after 1974? BroaDWcast@hotmail.com
- 18 April 2011: New items of Dutch merchandise added to the Netherlands page.
- 17 April 2011: Brand NEW profile pages and Airdates listings have been uploaded for:
- 16 April 2011: Brand NEW profile pages and Airdates listings have been uploaded for:
- 15 April 2011: Listings for WPBY added. Can you help us? Was Doctor Who simulcast throughout West Virginia? BroaDWcast@hotmail.com
- 8 April 2011: Listings for KTWU added.
- 6 April 2011: First airings for KCPT added.
- 3 April 2011: Brand NEW profile pages and Airdates listings have been uploaded for:
- 2 April 2011: Brand NEW profile pages and Airdates listings have been uploaded for:
- 30 March 2011: First airings for KSPS added.
- 27 March 2011: First airings for WETA added.
- 26 March 2011: Brand NEW profile pages and Airdates listings have been uploaded for:
- 19 March 2011: Brand NEW profile pages and Airdates listings have been uploaded for:
- 18 March 2011: Brand NEW profile pages and Airdates listings have been uploaded for:
- 17 March 2011: A correction to Massachusetts: WTEV may actually have been the very first USA station to air the Tom Baker stories, and not WSBK in Boston as we had originally stated.
- 16 March 2011: First airings in Rochester found
- 16 March 2011: Updates to Gibraltar; did more Tom Baker stories air?
- 13 March 2011: Premiere dates for Washington, DC found (WTOP and WHMM)
- 13 March 2011: A couple of updates to Massachusetts, California, Maine and New Hampshire. And although the Canada profile page is still Under Construction, we have updated the airdates data for Canada in the table for each story from seasons 14 to 23.
- 6 March 2011: Updates to Ohio, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
- 5 March 2011: Added profile for Argentina. Updates to United States, New Mexico, New Hampshire pages, plus general tidy up of other US pages.
- 1 March 2011: We've added some additional detail about the artists who voiced the French version of the TV Movie. Also updated Yugoslavia with some general facts and figures.
- 25 February 2011: A week after launch, and the response has been fantastic. Thanks everyone for your support so far. We've received a number of emails, and we are slowly working our way through these, and replying accordingly. We've made some minor adjustments and corrections as a result of some of the messages we have received. Even if it is a correction to a spelling error, we want to know!
We would very much like BroaDWcast to also function as an index to Doctor Who clips on YouTube, especially USA pledge-breaks and any foreign language clips. If you already know of or stumble across any, please send us the link.
- 19 February 2011: BroaDWcast goes live, when the official announcement and first demonstration of the website is made at the Gallifrey One, Catch 22 convention, Los Angeles, California.