|Story Code: 4Y / Season 15||UK Airdate: 7 Jan to 28 Jan 1978||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Oct 78?||PAL|
|United States*||Jan 79||NTSC|
|Chile||c May 79||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Mar 80||PAL|
|Puerto Rico||Sep 80?||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish.
- The later (1981 onwards) US compilation version retains Howard da Silva narration at the end of episode 1:
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Saudi Arabia||early 86?||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||Aug 86||NTSC|
- The tapes supplied to Saudi Arabia were the omnibus editions from the US, and in the case of this story, retained the section of Howard da Silva narration, noted above.
US TV Guide descriptions
- Part 1: The Doctor and Leela search for a missing spaceship carrying colonists and the gene bank of their race.
- Part 2: The spaceship crashes on a newly-formed planet and its strange inhabitants are discovered.
- Part 3: The Doctor must penetrate the Citadel to save the astronauts' race.
- Part 4: The Doctor's escape from the planet is jeopardized when the spaceship runs out of fuel.
- Compilation: The Doctor and Leela search for a missing spaceship carrying colonists and the gene bank of their race.