The Web Planet
|Story Code: N / Season 2||UK Airdate: 13 Feb to 20 Mar 1965||Doctor: William Hartnell|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Sierra Leone||Jun 68||b/w|
|Nigeria (again)||Apr 73???b/w|
- In the Spanish dub, the Animus spoke with a male voice, whereas in the original English, it was female'.
- In the Spanish edition of part six, the "Next Episode" was given as "EL LON" to match the caption - and yet The Crusade did not scree in any Spanish-language countries.
- The print of part six that the BBC retained until 1984 had a different "Next Episode" caption that read "THE SPACE MUSEUM". It was thoiught thatt his chnage was done because The Crusade was not sold to Muslin countries, due to the story's content and subject matter. But since The Crusae was not sold outside of the Commonwealth, the caption must have been changed for other reasons...
- The BBC was still offering The Web Planet, The Space Museum, The Time Meddler and Galaxy 4 for sale as late as 1974. We therefore think that the BBC amended the caption at that point, to reflect that Te Space Museum was the next serial after The Web Planet in terms of the package that was available.
- A complete print of part six with the original caption was recovered from Nigeria in the mid-1980s.
- The serial screened in the United States from September 1985 as a NTSC conversion. Canada screened the serial in the 1990s. New Zealand and Sweden also later aired the serial in the early 2000s.