Difference between revisions of "The Sontaran Experiment"
|Line 87:||Line 87:|
Revision as of 21:26, 19 September 2020
|Story Code: 4B / Season 12||UK Airdate: 22 Feb to 1 Mar 1975||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||76?||PAL|
|Hong Kong||Dec 76||PAL|
|New Zealand||Mar 78||PAL|
|United States*||Sep 78||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Nov 79?||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was often shown after Robot and before The Ark in Space, the stories being screened in production code order.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish (for Latin America); Italian; Catalan, Galician and Spanish (for Spain); Turkish; and subtitled in Dutch.
- The story wasn't part of the package that was bought by France in 1986; new "music/effects only" soundtracks were therefore not made, which is probably why the serial wasn't sold to a number of other European countries in the late 1980s and 1990s.
- The story was often skipped by broadcasters, especially those that aired omnibus versions, because the compilation was only 50 minutes, and therefore was difficult to schedule.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Sri Lanka||Jun 84?||PAL|
|Armed Forces Network||Mar 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Sontaran Experiment
- Part 1: Harry and Sarah walk into a trap on uninhabited planet Earth.
- Part 2: Styre challenges Dr. Who to a duel.