The Seeds of Death
From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Story Code: XX / Season 6||UK Airdate: 25 Jan to 1 Mar 1969||Doctor: Patrick Troughton|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Dec 70||b/w|
- Hong Kong presumably sent its films to Singapore soon after transmission, as that was the fate of the RTV prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear. These films may have then been sent to Zambia, or to the BBC as an intermediary -- see below.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975.
- The set of prints sent to Zambia in early 1976 was from Singapore or Gibraltar (either directly or via the BBC as intermediary), or was the set returned from Australia in 1975. It may even have been a "new" set combined from the returns from those other three locations.
- BBC Enterprises held prints of all six parts in 1976 when the documentary Whose Doctor Who was in production. Depending on the 'origin' of the prints sent to Zambia, the ones held in 1976 were the left overs from the Singapore / Gibraltar / Australia returns.
- In late 1977, the BBC's Film Library had prints of parts 1, 4 and 6 only. These were most likely some of the same ones that were held by Enterprises in 1976 that had been relocated to the library rather than being from a different set of prints; Enterprises certainly no longer held any prints in 1978, but they did retain the original film recording negatives.
- A 16mm b/w print of episode 2 was apparently found in Taiwan in 2013. This may be the part 2 belonging to the parts 1,4,6 held by the Film Library. Depending on the 'origin' of the films sent to Zambia, the "Taiwan" print was another of the left overs from the Singapore / Gibraltar / Australia returns (see Taiwan Prints for more).
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold for the first time to:
|United States||from Feb 86||b/w|
|New Zealand||Nov 88||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Seeds of Death
- Episode 1: Ice Warriors from Mars sabotage Earth's transit system and infect the atmosphere with a deadly Martian fungus.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4:
- Episode 5:
- Episode 6: