The Abominable Snowmen
From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Story Code: NN / Season 5||UK Airdate: 30 Sep to 4 Nov 1967||Doctor: Patrick Troughton|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||Oct 69||b/w|
|New Zealand||Sep 70||b/w|
- The Hong Kong prints were presumably sent to Singapore soon after transmission.
- Singapore presumably sent the films to Nigeria, since that was also the final destination of RTV's prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.
- The sale to Gibraltar was actually "back-catalogue", as they had already started screening Jon Pertwee stories by this time.
- The New Zealand prints were likely disposed of by the end of 1974. (The NZBC's rights to screen the story had expired on 31 August 1973.)
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975.
- The print of episode two that was subsequently recovered in 1982 may have been the print returned from Australia in 1975, or a print returned from Gibraltar, and which had been salvaged by a film collector after being junked by the BBC.
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.