Difference between revisions of "TV Movie"
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
Revision as of 22:23, 2 June 2020
|Story Code: TV Movie / Season -||UK Airdate: 27 May 1996||Doctor: Paul McGann|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Canada||12 May 96|
|United States||14 May 96|
|United Kingdom||27 May 96|
|Australia||3 Jul 96|
|New Zealand||30 Oct 96|
|Greece||96 or 97|
|France||18 Mar 97||Le Seigneur du Temps / Docteur Who: Le Film|
|HBO OLE Cable||From Feb 99|
|Luxembourg||27 Feb 99||Le Seigneur du Temps|
|Netherlands||5 Aug 99|
|Ireland||1 May 00|
|Brazil||27 Jul 00||Doutor Who - O Senhor do Tempo|
|Czech Republic||9 Sept 00||Doktor Kdo|
|Austria||24 Jun 01|
|Iraq||17 Feb 02|
|Lithuania||25 Jul 03|
|India||25 Sep 04|
- Fox aired the movie on over 150 channels in the United States.
- The UK broadcast and VHS video release were edited to remove the graphic images of gun-fire (in the wake of the recent mass shooting at a school in Dunblane, Scotland). The uncut US version (with the "Based on the original series broadcast on the BBC" caption intact was later shown for the November 1999 repeat.
- The Movie was distributed to Commonwealth markets by the BBC, and to non-Commonwealth markets by Universal Television, hence it had far wider sales internationally.
- The film was available on the In-flight TV Systems of Singapore Airlines, and was shown 99 times between July and September 1996 by British Airways. It was also available on Merchant Navy vessels.
- The Movie was also distributed on VHS tape (initially by CIC Video, but later by other companies) to many other countries around the world, from 1996 to 2005; the commercial releases (either subtitled or dubbed) were mainly for the rental market only, but for some countries the tape was the only version of Doctor Who that was seen.
- In February 1999, the Movie was available to several Central and South American countries via the HBO OLE cable link.
- The Movie aired on BBC Prime on 30 December 1999 - the actual date on which the story is set!
- Sci-Fi Channel's UK/Europe station aired the film for the first time on Saturday, 2 November 2002, and then several more times during the next ten months. It aired again on 25 August 2008 - twice!