From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|← AIRDATES ...... (CLICK ICON TO GO TO TABLE SHOWING EPISODE BREAKDOWN AND AIRDATES - N/S = story title is Not Stated)|
Channel 54 (PBS) (also available in Santa Cruz)
- 13 April 1981: Doctor Who commences its run on KTEH, five days a week; KTEH is the third station in the Bay Area to screen the series.
- 1982: Omnibus versions commenced on Saturday nights while episodes continue to run daily.
- By mid 1983: The Peter Davison stories begin screening Saturday nights to lead in to the networked screening of The Five Doctors on 23 November 1983.
- At 8.10pm (on 23 November 1983?) channel 54 screened a 40 minute An Interview with Tom Baker.
- 23 November 1983: The Five Doctors airs, at 8.50pm.
- 1984: The 14 available full colour Jon Pertwee stories air. The series airs weeknights at 7.30pm, with an omnibus "movie" edition on Saturdays at 11.15pm.
- By November 1984 the 11.15pm Saturday screenings had reached the Peter Davison stories - Arc of Infinity aired 10 November 1984.
- KTEH generally airs two 'movie' compilations per week.
- 1985: The repackaged colour / black and white Jon Pertwee stories air around this time, and repeated in 1991 and 1992.
- 16 September 1985: The Tom Baker stories are recycled again, weekdays at 7.30pm. Omnibus editions also screen Saturday evening (Nightmare of Eden screened 14 September 1985.)
- February 1987: The repackaged five Patrick Troughton stories screen. The War Games screens the very week that Troughton dies in Columbus, Georgia.
- November 1988: The Sylvester McCoy stories go to air.
- 1991-2001: The repackaged 24 Jon Pertwee stories continued to be aired a few times.
- 1992: The recently recovered The Tomb of the Cybermen screens.
- January 2003: KTEH's almost uninterrupted run of Doctor Who came to an end in January of this year.
- April 2007: KTEH became the first PBS station to acquire the New Series.
- A more detailed account of KTEH's broadcast history of Doctor Who can be found HERE