From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
Doctor Who aired in these cities, on these channels:
|← AIRDATES ...... (CLICK ICON TO GO TO TABLE SHOWING EPISODE BREAKDOWN AND AIRDATES - N/S = story title is Not Stated)|
- The series aired weekly on Saturdays, early evenings, usually at 6.00pm:
- Early 1980s: The Tom Baker stories aired. For instance:
- By late 1985 the Peter Davison stories are screening:
- 8 March 1986: Mawdryn Undead screens.
- Mid 1986: The channel airs the 17 repackaged William Hartnell stories:
- 13 September 1986: The Web Planet screens, 6.00 to 8.30pm.
- 1987: The 24 repackaged Jon Pertwee stories screen. For instance:
- 11 April 1987: Frontier in Space aired.
- 1 October 1988: An unnamed omnibus aired from 5:00pm to 6:30pm.
- July 1989: A viewer in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, recalls seeing The War Games (in two parts) and Spearhead from Space in July 1989, on consecutive weeks, at 5:00 or 6:00pm. (In all likelihood, these were broadcasts from MPBC, which did indeed extend to Nova Scotia, and which was screening the Troughton and Pertwees at that time.)
- 9 September 1989: An unnamed omnibus aired from 5:00pm to 6:30pm (presumably a Jon Pertwee story).
- Late 1990s: The last episode was Survival until the late 1990s when Tom Baker stories were shown.
Lewiston / Augusta / Auburn
Channel 10 (PBS)
- 1980s: The series aired in omnibus form, Saturdays initially at 9:00pm, then later from 10:00pm.
- The Tom Baker stories aired a number of times, followed by the Peter Davison stories, which also aired a few times over. For instance on:
- 13 September 1986: Destiny of the Daleks omnibus aired, 9.00 to 10.30pm.
- From 1986, the package of 24 reissued Jon Pertwee stories, 17 reissued William Hartnell and five Patrick Troughton stories aired once.
- 1987-1989: The Tom Baker stories were recycled again, now at the later time of 10:00pm:
- 1 October 1988: The Invisible Enemy omnibus airs, 10.00 to 11.30pm.
- The Colin Baker stories played in the late 1980s, back on at 9:00pm:
- 9 September 1989: The Trial of a Time Lord, parts one to four, screen, 9.00 to 10.30pm.
- 1990-1991: The series is still screening.
- 1992: WCBB became part of the Maine Public Broadcasting Network.