|Story Code: DDD / Season 7||UK Airdate: 9 May to 20 Jun 1970||Doctor: Jon Pertwee|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United States||Sep 72||NTSC|
|Saudi Arabia||Jun 77||b/w|
- When the story was rejected in April 1971 by the censors in Australia, the serial (in b/w) was then not able to be sold to any other Commonwealth country, such as New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Gibraltar.
- The only sales were to non-Commonwealth countries that broadcast in NTSC or black and white. There were no sales in PAL.
- It was dubbed into Arabic.
- When the PAL tapes were converted to NTSC in 1972, an early edit of part five was used, featuring an additional scene not in the UK broadcast.
- The original PAL tapes were wiped by early 1973.
- The NTSC tapes were recovered from Canada at the end of 1983.
- The story was reissued in March 1985, and played in the United States, New Zealand, Australia and Canada.