Difference between revisions of "Inferno"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 00:58, 21 June 2013
|Story Code: DDD / Season 7||UK Airdate: 9 May to 20 Jun 1970||Doctor: Jon Pertwee|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United States||Sep 72||NTSC|
|Saudi Arabia||Jun 77||b/w|
- When the story was classified A by the censors in Australia in April 1971, the serial (in b/w) was then not able to be sold to any other Commonwealth country screening the series in b/w at that time, such as New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Gibraltar.
- The only sales were to countries that broadcast in NTSC or black and white.
- It was not sold anywhere in its original PAL format. The tapes had been wiped by 1973.
- It was dubbed into Arabic.
- When the PAL tapes were converted to NTSC in 1972, an early edit of part five was used, featuring an additional scene not in the UK broadcast.
- The original PAL tapes were wiped by early 1973.
- The NTSC tapes were recovered from Canada in early 1983. They were sold for syndication in the United States a few months later.
- The tapes were returned to the BBC by December 1983.
- It was released again in early 1985, as part of a package of all 24 Jon Pertwee stories, and sold to the United States.
- It was screened for the first time (as NTSC to PAL coversions) in:
|New Zealand||Jul 85||N/PC|
US TV Guide descriptions (1970s Pertwees)
- Episode 1: A strange liquid from the Earth's crust defies analysis.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3: Dr. Who gets caught in a space-time machine.
- Episode 4:
- Episode 5: Earth is threatened by an explosion.
- Episode 6: If you can't beat 'em, go home ... easier said than done—Dr. Who's trapped in the 22nd century.
- Episode 7: Terrifying events from the future are repeating themselves on earth.