Fury from the Deep
From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Story Code: RR / Season 5||UK Airdate: 16 Mar to 20 Apr 1968||Doctor: Patrick Troughton|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Hong Kong||May 70||b/w|
|New Zealand||did not air||b/w|
- Hong Kong presumably sent its films to Singapore soon after transmission, as that was the fate of the RTV prints of The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.
- The New Zealand programme purchasers rejected this story in late 1970. The reason for the rejection is not known; but it has been suggested, given that the New Zealand government was at the time having negotiations with British Petroleum (BP) to exploit a newly-discovered field of natural gas in the Tasman Sea, that the broadcaster thought it unwise to screen a serial featuring sea monsters attacking a gas platform...
- Significantly, Nigeria did not screen this story either. As we've noted on the page for The Ice Warriors, is appears that Nigeria could only buy the same serials that the NZBC had, which is why these two serials were not screened by BPTV in 1974.
- The sale to Gibraltar was actually "back-catalogue", as they had already started screening Jon Pertwee stories by this time.
- See also the Troughton Junkings page.
- A film can labelled "Cutting Copy" of part six was found in 1988 along with four "Cutting Copies" of The Ice Warriors, but it actually contained something else. The exact origin of the (missing) "Cutting Copy" print is unclear. But based on the style of and text layout on the label, we can rule out it having been returned from any of the countries in Australasia.
- See our The Ice Warriors page for more about the purpose of "Cutting Copies".