THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
The USA was the 34th country to screen Doctor Who, with various commercial, non-commercial, independent, network affiliated, cable and PBS stations (CURRENT PBS MEMBER STATIONS) carrying the series on and off from August 1972 and into the 2000s.
|Country Number (34)||1972||SECOND WAVE|
First station to screen each Doctor
As best that can be determined, the viewers in the following cities were the first to see each of the first seven Doctors:
- Jon Pertwee – WPHL, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (August 1972)
- Tom Baker – WTEV, Massachusetts? (August 1978)
- Peter Davison – Entertainment Channel (US Cable Stations) (1982)
- Jon Pertwee (full repackage) – NJN, New Jersey (February 1985)
- William Hartnell – NJN, New Jersey (September 1985)
- Colin Baker – NJN, New Jersey (October 1985)
- Patrick Troughton – NJN, New Jersey (February 1986)
- Sylvester McCoy – NJN, New Jersey? (January 1988)
- Time-Life syndicates the Jon Pertwee stories
- The Tom Baker stories premiere. The series is sold to hundreds of stations.
- Conventions and fan club pop up around the country.
- Earlier Doctors appear.
This category has the following 53 subcategories, out of 53 total.
- ► US cable stations (8)
- ► Delaware (3)
- ► Florida (11)
- ► Georgia (4)
- ► Hawaii (0)
- ► Louisiana (3)
- ► Pennsylvania (10)
- ► Rhode Island (2)
- ► Utah (1)