BBC America is a US digital cable and satellite television network, launched on 29 March 1998. It was formed out of what had previously been Lionheart Television International Inc, the programme distributor responsible for syndicating Doctor Who throughout the US in the 1980s, of which the BBC was a minority shareholder.
The BBC eventually bought Lionheart outright by May 1986, making it their North American distribution division. It was subsequently rebranded as BBC America.
- 5 April 1998: Doctor Who begins, but only Robot and The Ark in Space. Eventually stories air through at least The Robots of Death. The stories were broadcast in an hour time slot as a compilation of two episodes with new composite credits (which sometimes contain spelling errors, such as "Pamel Salem" instead of Pamela Salem).
- 3 October 1998: The Sontaran Experiment premieres.
- 10 October 1998: Genesis of the Daleks premieres.
- 31 October 1998: Revenge of the Cybermen premieres.
- 27 June 2009: BBC America picks up the NEW SERIES when the Syfy channel drops it after the first four series. BBC America becomes the new home to Doctor Who...
- 27 January 2013: The first of the eleven 'episodes' of the BBC America-produced series The Doctors Revisited airs.
- 24 November 2013: The eleventh and final edition of The Doctors Revisited airs.
- 19 September 2015: The classic series returns in conjunction with the series 9 premiere, dubbed Breakfast with Baker.
- AIRDATES ON BBC AMERICA from July 1998
- 19 July 2018: The 2017 DVD animated restoration version of Shada makes its broadcast television debut at 8pm. The station referred to it as "Doctor Who: The Lost Episode" in its online listings.
|← AIRDATES ...... (CLICK ICON TO GO TO TABLE SHOWING EPISODE BREAKDOWN AND AIRDATES - N/S = story title is Not Stated)|