Inside the Spaceship
|Story Code: C / Season 1||UK Airdate: 8 Feb to 15 Feb 1964||Doctor: William Hartnell|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
(aka "The Edge of Destruction")
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|New Zealand||Dec 64||b/w|
|Rhodesia / Zimbabwe||Dec 65||b/w|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Jan 66||b/w|
|Hong Kong||Jul 66||b/w|
|Sierra Leone||Jun 67||b/w|
|Costa Rica||Aug 71||b/w|
- New Zealand sent its prints to Denmark in 1968, but the serial did not play there.
- It has been reported that Cyprus sent its prints to Uganda - and yet, Uganda screened the serial two months before Cyprus! Or was Uganda merely an intermediary in the bicycling process, receiving and sending on the films without screening them? (See Bicycling Chains for more on this...)
- The serial was one of just six Hartnells still being offered for sale in 1974. As noted under The Web Planet, it appears that the BBC may have edited the serial's conclusion to reflect the fact that the next serial, Marco Polo, was not available. (See The Web Planet for more...)
- 16mm prints of both episodes were found in the possession of a UK film collector in 1982; he had owned them for several years. It's not known what format these are -- Suppressed or Stored field -- and as such it is not possible to determine their origin.
- See Hartnell Junkings
US TV Guide descriptions (1960s Hartnells on CBC)
- Episode 1: The damaged Tardis lands in central Asia, and Dr. Who and his friends are captured by a Tartar warlord. [actually Marco Polo 1]
- Episode 2: Dr. Who suspects Ian and Barbara of sabotaging his space ship.
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold to:
|United States||from Sep 85||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Edge of Destruction
- Episode 1:
- Episode 2:
- Compilation: A violent explosion on the Tardis threatens to send the craft—and its crew—hurtling vack to the beginning of time.