|Story Code: R / Season 2||UK Airdate: 22 May to 26 Jun 1965||Doctor: William Hartnell|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Sierra Leone||Sep 68||b/w|
|Costa Rica||May 72||b/w|
- This was one of only a few Hartnell serials that did not have its foreign debut in Australia.
- When Terry Nation was trying to sell his Dalek spin-off series, the BBC agreed not to sell any Dalek stories from late-1966 to December 1967. The story was therefore withdrawn from sale. A number of countries had already bought the story prior to it being withdrawn, and they were able to air it. But of the sixteen countries that had bought The Space Museum, three were not able to purchase or air The Chase -- Mauritius, New Zealand and Venezuela.
- The 9 November 1971 edition of the BBC's "Something for the Children" featured a mute clip from episode 1.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975, however...
- A copy of part one was later found in the hands of an Australian film collector in the early 1980s; he had acquired it circa 1969/1970...
- See Hartnell Junkings
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold to:
|United States||from Sep 85||b/w|
|New Zealand||Jul 00||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Chase
- Episode 1: The Daleks construct a time machine and pursue The Doctor throughout the universe.
- Episode 2:
- Episode 3:
- Episode 4:
- Episode 5:
- Episode 6:
- Compilation: The Daleks construct a time machine and pursue The Doctor throughout the universe.