|Story Code: JJJ / Season 8||UK Airdate: 22 May to 19 Jun 1971||Doctor: Jon Pertwee|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United States||Oct 72||NTSC|
|Saudi Arabia||Oct 77||b/w|
|Korea (South)||Nov 77||NTSC|
- When the story (in b/w) was classified "A" by the censors in Australia in December 1971, it was then not able to be sold to any other Commonwealth country, such as Singapore, Hong Kong and Gibraltar.
- The only sales were to non-Commonwealth countries that broadcast in NTSC or black and white.
- It was not sold anywhere in its original PAL format. The tapes had been wiped by the end of 1973.
- The story may have been dubbed into Arabic.
- It was by using an off-air recording taken from a 19 November 1977 broadcast in Los Angeles that enabled the BBC to restore the serial to full colour.
- It was released again in early 1985, as part of a package of all 24 Jon Pertwee stories, and sold to the United States, but now in black and white only.
- It also aired for the first time in:
|New Zealand||Oct 85||b/w|
- The re-colourised version aired on BBC2 on 20 November to 18 December 1992 (see Radio Times article below)
US TV Guide descriptions (1970s Pertwees)
Title: The Daemons
- Episode 1: Outer space witchcraft is the problem in "The Daemons." It all begins when an archaeologist opens an ancient grave despite ominous warning.
- Episode 2: A weird force field surrounds the village.
- Episode 3: Don't mess with the aliens—the message in "The Daemons"
- Episode 4: A plan to destroy the Earth.
- Episode 5: Dr. Who receives an unexpected gift.
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Daemons
- Episode 1: An archaeologist excavates an ancient grave despite a witch's omnious warnings.
- Episode 2: A fiery force surrounds the village of Devil's End.
- Episode 3: Dr. Who discoveres that Azal is capable of destroying the planet Earth.
- Episode 4: Dr. Who sets out to foil Azal's plan to destroy Earth.
- Episode 5: Jo steps in to save the Doctor from the evil Azal.
- Compilation: Dr. Who must prevent the evil alien Azal from installing The Master as ruler of the world.